Monday, December 28, 2009

Finished Projects


Originally posted 8/16/09 
I have been working on some projects for Christmas gifts for my family in PA, OH, and SD. The past couple of years everyone has received scarves that I knitted. This year I decided to teach myself (with the help of the internet and a friend from church, thanks Jan) how to crochet. My Aunt Kathy is an inspiration to me. She makes beautiful projects.
Anyway, I started out making dish clothes. Then decided to add some pot holders. Then I wanted to do some round projects so decided to do some coasters, doilies, and wash clothes. When I went to visit family in PA in March I took a large plastic container full of finished projects with me for my Aunt to hold until Christmas at which point she can distribute the gifts. She is so sweet to store them for me and then I won't have to worry about the cost of shipping them.
I like crocheting and knitting because I can be creative. I can choose the color of yarn, the project, the stitch, the size project. There are endless possibilities to the things you can create with a little time and effort. I am making a separate post about my current project, but I look forward to sharing future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment